Date of competition: June 30 2019
Organizer: Tovarna trajnostnega turizma – GoodPlace
Place: Tolmin, Sotočje, main venue of Soča Outdoor Festival
Discipline: Duathlon (MTB race + trail run)/pairs or singles
Distance MTB race: cca 21 km (2/3 asphalt, 1/3 macadam road)
Distance trail run: cca 23.5 km
Total ascent MTB: 1.150 m*
Total height difference trail run: ascent cca 500 m, descend 1.650 m)*
* Numbers are approximate
MTB part starts at the festival venue in the closed mode. Leaving the town behind a beautiful steady ascent followsto the Razor mountain pasture in Julian Alps where the runner takes the relay (or the bikers themselves continue with on the trail run, leaving the bikes at the mountain pasture – the transfer of the bikes back to the valley is provided for).
The trail part is mostly about descending into the Soča Valley but the route is long enough and pretty divers with breathtaking views. At the beginning it traverses the slopes of the Lower Bohinj Mountains to descend into the village of Čadrg and continues to another mountain pasture of Prodi. Descend to the Podi Valley includes an attractive crossing of the Tolminka river using a wire rope. The route than follows a macadam road out of the valley to join other trail routes through Tolmin Gorges and along the Tolminka river back to the festival venue.
- On-line registration
- On the competition day at the registration desk at the festival venue
- Registration is completed and valid with received payment only
- till April 26: 35 EUR
- till June 21: 40 EUR
- on site: 50 EUR
- tillApril 26: 50 EUR
- till June 21: 55 EUR
- on site: 60 EUR
06:30–07:30 Race numbers pickup
06:00–07:30 Registration of new contestants
13:00 End of timing
13.30 Proclamation of results and award ceremony
All participants receive:
- Refreshments along the trail (water and/or food stations)
- A meal and drink at the end
- Adidas T-shirt
- If you want to compete in pair but don’t have a partner, please write us an e-mail to email@example.com and we will help you find one.
- The registration service will be set at the main festival venue
- By registering in the online application form and paying the registration fee, the competitor confirms that he agrees with the conditions and that he competes at his own risk. For entries on the venue on the day of the event, the competitor signs the application form confirming the acceptance of the conditions and the competition at his own risk.
- For minors, the responsibility is taken over by parents or guardians who sign the application form upon registration.
- Participants allow photographing and allow the organizer to use the photographs for the promotion of the Soča Outdoor Festival.
- Medical care will be placed along the trail.
- The organiser reserves the right to make changes to the event programme. If any changes shall be accepted the participants will be notified in time
- The organiser does not accept liability for any damage or injury made by the competitors to themselves, to other competitors or to a third person
- A designated parking space will be available for teams, competitors and spectators
- Registration fees are not refundable
Problems with registration: firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone: +386 41 855 782
Other info: Peter Dakskobler, +386 31 846 634, email@example.com