Date and time of competition: 4th July 2020
Organizer: Zavod tovarna trajnostnega turizma – GoodPlace
Place: Tolmin, Sotočje, main venue of Soča Outdoor Festival
Distance: 43,1 km
Total ascend: around 2.000 m
Dukat Fit 45 km Route description
Start and finish: Festival venue at Sotočje, Tolmin
The longest of Soča Outdoor Festival trails has undergone another significant change for the 2019 edition. The second part of the route (after hills Mengore and Kozlov rob) now climbs up to the mt. pasture Sleme (the highest point on 1.450 m) and then descents down to Tolminka valley passing by the monumental church in Javorca. Improvements were made in order to increase safety and running pleasure.
It follows Soča river upwards to the bridge, crossing the Soča river and climbing up to the saddle between Bučenica and Mengore hills directly above the festival venue. Among WWI bunkers circles around hill Mengore with the pilgrimage church on the top, where it turns back to the bridge and joins other shorter courses ascending towards Tolmin Castle. From the top of the castle hill the trail leads to the village Zatolmin where the new part begins with a longer ascent towards the first mt. pasture Pretovč and reaches the highest point mt. pasture Sleme (1.450 m). There it turns down to the Tolminka valley passing by many Zatolmin mt. pastures offering great view all the way down to the monumental church in Javorca (European Heritage Label). The course returns back on the white road reaching the entrance of Tolmin Gorges – the most attractive, wild and pretty cool leg at the confluence of Zadlaščica and Tolminka rivers. To reach the finish line you just need to make another uphill leg to the village Žabče, from where the trail goes directly to the confluence of Soča and Tolminka rivers. The last obstacle to overcome is Tolminka river which runners have to cross right before the finish line.
Food / drinks locations:
Each competitor will receive a reusable cup at the registration point, which he will use at the booster stations (or you can use your own set for drinks).
|Location||Distance from start|
|Volče 141 (F+D)||5,7 km|
|Sedlo – Mengore (D)||8,4 km|
|Volče 141 (F+D)||11,4 km|
|road Tolmin – Dolje (D)||14,6 km|
|Moratto (F+D)||17,5 km|
|plateau Pretovč (F+D)||24,6 km|
|plateau Sleme (F+D)||26,6 km|
|at descent from Javorca (F+D)||32,9 km|
|Žabče (F+D)||40,2 km|
|Sotočje (F+D)||at finish|
F = food
D = drink
Required equipment at the race:
- Competitor start number visible
- Hydration container (bidon, hydro pack,…)
- Foil Heat Blanket
- Wind protection jacket
- Charged mobile phone
until 31. 12. 2019: 50 EUR
until 26. 4. 2020: 55 EUR
until 21. 6. 2020 60 EUR
on the spot: 70 EUR (may not be available due to the limited number of participants)
- On-line registration
- On the competition day the registration desk at the festival venue (may not be available due to the limited number of participants)
- Registration is completed and valid when paid in full only
- Number of participants is limited to 600
- The minimal number of contestants is 5
- Registration fee is 15% lower than the normal price for individual competitors
- To sign up as a group, please visit this web site. Video instructions available here.
- Men to 30 years (born 1990 or younger)
- Men to 40 years (born 1980–1989)
- Men to 50 years (born 1970–1979)
- Men to 60 years (born 1960–1969)
- Men over 60 years (born before 1960)
- Women to 30 years (born 1990 or younger)
- Women to 40 years (born 1980–1989)
- Women to 50 years (born between 1970–1979)
- Women to 60 years (born 1960–1969)
- Women over 60 years (born before 1960)
All participants receive:
- Refreshments along the trail (water and/or food stations)
- A meal and a drink after the trail
- Running Adidas T-shirt
- Number of participants is limited to 600
- The registration service will be set at the main festival venue. By registering in the online application form and paying the registration fee, the competitor confirms that he agrees with the conditions and that he competes at his own risk. For entries on the venue on the day of the event, the competitor signs the application form confirming the acceptance of the conditions and the competition at his own risk.
- For minors, the responsibility is taken over by parents or guardians who sign the application form upon registration.
- Participants allow photographing and allow the organizer to use the photographs for the promotion of the Soča Outdoor Festival.
- Medical care will be placed along the trail.
- The organizer reserves the right to make changes to the event program. If any changes shall be accepted the participants will be notified in time
- The organizer does not accept liability for any damage or injury made by the competitors to themselves, to other competitors or to a third person
- A designated parking space will be available for teams, competitors and spectators
Problems with registration: email@example.com; Phone: +386 41 855 782
Peter Dakskobler, +386 31 846 634, firstname.lastname@example.org