FAMILY CYCLING LOOP
FAMILY CYCLING LOOP
A cycling loop around Tolmin is a perfect choice for active families and all those who love cycling in nature. It is a great opportunity for the family members and friends of the participants on the various festival competitions, who want to make the most of their time in the Soča Valley. As the name implies, the Family Cycling Loop is not competitive in nature, so the cycling time of the participants is not measured. Participants must adhere to road traffic regulations. The route is made up of well-groomed gravel paths and quiet asphalt roads.
The cycling adventure begins at the main venue of the Soča Outdoor Festival, located at the picturesque confluence of Tolminka and Soča rivers. The gravel road, which is surrounded by green meadows and stunning views of nearby peaks, first takes us to a road junction at the village of Gabrje, where we can decide on a shorter or longer version of the route. The shorter one turns back in the direction of Tolmin and follows a quiet asphalt road towards the village of Dolje. The longer version of the route, however, continues on a pleasant gravel road along the turquoise Soča and through the village of Volarje all the way to the village of Kamno. From here on, the route continues on an asphalt road, turning back towards Tolmin and rejoining the shorter route version in Gabrje. A slight ascent between the villages of Dolje and Zatolmin is well rewarded with a refreshing descent to the entrance of the famous Tolmin Gorges, from where we cycle next to Tolminka river all the way back to the festival venue and finish the loop.
Date of competition: Sunday, July 4th 2021
The competition start time: 10:00
Organizer: Institute Factory of Sustainable Tourism GoodPlace
Location: Tolmin, Sotočje, main venue of the Soča Outdoor Festival
Discipline: family cycling on quiet gravel and asphalt roads
Distance: 13 / 23 km *
Total ascent: 200 / 400 m **
Route description: Tolmin (festival venue) – Gabrje – Dolje – Zatolmin – Tolmin Gorges – Tolmin (festival venue) / Tolmin (festival venue) – Gabrje – Volarje – Kamno – Volarje – Gabrje – Dolje – Zatolmin – Tolmin Gorges – Tolmin (festival venue)
* The organizer reserves the right to make minor changes to the route until the closing of the applications on June 21st (especially in its initial and final part).
** At the moment, this is an estimate of the total elevation. A more precise number will be published no later than at the application deadline on June 21st.
09:00 – 09:45 Pick-up of the starting numbers (registered participants)
09:00 – 09:30 Registration of new participants
10:00 Start of the Family Cycling Loop (at festival venue)
12:00 End of roadblocks and traffic release*
*Cyclers must follow the road traffic regulations, while the organizer will ensure that cycling is as safe and enjoyable as possible through signalization and traffic calming.
CLICK FOR FCL
Participants need to bring their own cups and use them at the aid stations.
vILLAGE Gabrje (F+D)
F = foof
D = drink
Children under 14 free of charge. For others, the below fees apply.
|DATER||UNTILL 23. 05. 2021||UNTILL 20. 06. 2021||ON SITE|
ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE ENTITLED TO
- Refreshments at the aid station (food and drinks)
- Meal and a drink at the finish
- Gift from the organizer
- Adidas T-shirt (only for the participants who pay the registration fee)
- Participation medal
BIB number that must always be visible at the front
Appropriate bicycle (also for gravel)
Cup or a bottle
- On the day of the event, the registration desk will be located at the main event venue.
- By paying the online registration fee and signing the registration form, the participants accept the terms and conditions and agree to take part in the competition at their own risk. During onsite registrations, participants accept these terms by signing the registration forms.
- Parents or caregivers accept the responsibility for underage participants by signing the registration form.
- All participants agree with promotional use of photo and video material from the competition.
- Medical assistance is provided on the route.
- The organizer reserves the right to make changes to the event program. In case of any changes, the participants will be notified in time.
- The organizer does not accept liability for any damage or injury made by the participants to themselves, to other competitors or to a third person.
- The organizer does not accept liability for any damage made to cycling gear.
- Each person participates at their own responsibility.
- A designated parking space will be available for teams, participants and spectators.
- We do not return the paid fees.
If you encounter any problems with registration, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, +386 41 855 782.
For other questions, please contact Peter Dakskobler: email@example.com, +386 31 846 634.