Test tour Ziener MTB Marathon
Date of event: 2nd of July 2017
Organizer: Zavod Tovarna trajnostnega turizma GoodPlace, Komisija za turno kolesarstvo Planinska zveza Slovenije
Place: Meeting in Tolmin, main venue of Soča Outdoor Festival
Discipline: Guided tour
Distance: 60 km
Total ascent: 1.900 m
Mountain bikers will join marathon runners from Bovec to Tolmin on the left Soča river bank. The route will take us partly on Alpe Adria Trail (AAT) the same as runners, but mostly on Slovenian MTB transversal that leads bikers through Soča valley.
From Bovec city centre we will cross the airfield and through Čezsoča reach Log Čezsoški with a nice view on Boka waterfall. After a short climb we will reach Trnovo village, from where we will follow AAT on a gravel road till Magozd. There we will ride on an old military road in a descent to waterfall Kozjak and Napoleon bridge. The last part from Trnovo is identical to the route Soča MTB Marathon took in 2016.
Leaving Kobarid towards Krn village through Ladra and Vrsno village on an asphalt road. The last part of a climb takes us on a forest road and really short more difficult passage till mt. pasture of Pretovč. Nice descent over Zatolmin mt. pastures ends at the monument of Javorca church in Tolminka valley. We will leave it on a forest road which was also the last section of our first two editions of marathon, passing the Tolmin gorge and reaching the main festival venue.
- From 18th of April to 26th of June: 25,00 €
- On the event day: 25,00 €
- : 30,00 €
- On-line registration form
- On the day of event at registration service at the festival venue
- The minimal number of participants is 5
- Registration is 20% lower for groups.
There are no categories since this is not a race but it is guided tour.
06:30 – 07:30 Number pickup (already registered participants)
06:30 – 07:00 Registration of new participants
07:00 – 7.30 leaving your bikes
07:30 bus leaves Tolmin
8:30 Start from Bovec
16:00 finish of the tour
All participants will receive:
- Refreshments along the trail (water and/or food stations)
- A meal and a drink at the end
- Sport t-shirt
- Shuttle service for bikers and bikes from Tolmin to Bovec
- The registration service will be set at the main festival venue
- By paying the registration fee and signing the registration form the participants accept the terms and conditions and agree to undertake the tour at their own risk (For underage participants the parents or caregivers accept the responsibility by signing the registration form)
- The signing of registration forms will take place at the registration service at the same time as the race number pickup
- Medical care will not be placed along the trail
- A helmet is obligatory for all participants
- The organizer reserves the right to make changes to the event programe. If any changes shall be accepted the participants will be notified in time.
- The organizer does not accept liability for any damage or injury made by the participants to themselves or to a third person
- A designated parking space will be available for teams, participants and spectators
Contact for registration:
firstname.lastname@example.org: +386 41 855 782